Saturday, September 25, 2010

Movie Review ( The Men Who Stare at Goats )


What this movie is trying to do is pretty much show you how ridiculous the CIA went to try to develop these super soldiers. Now some of this is true but it's obviously exaggerated for the cinema effect. The acting in this movie is pretty great I mean you have some of the best actors in it; George Clooney, Jeff Bridges, and Kevin Spacey. We mostly follow Bob Wilton (Edwan McGregor) through the film as he wants to become a war-journalist. I don't want to spoil too much so I'll just move onto the review part of the movie. As I said the actors are great in this, the story line is pretty fitting there isn't too many things that are too off the chart. Now where this movie probably will get a lot of people is how pretty much strung out on acid it is. These super soldiers have the ability to remotely find anyone just by thinking about it. Also Kevin Spacey ends up being the bad guy (didn't' see that one coming).In the end the movie is just okay it's nothing to big nothing to small, pretty enjoyable if you haven't got anything to do.

Also this is my favorite scene in the movie 


8 comments:

  1. nice review.

    i liked the movie quiet much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw this movie a couple of months ago and I thought it was pretty good and had some parts that were quite humorous, good review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Also Kevin Spacey ends up being the bad guy

    WHHYYYY.. I actually wanted to see it

    ReplyDelete
  4. My friend actually told me about this movie and I went ahead and watched.

    No matter how bad the rating is, this movie has a strong message and a lot of funny situations. Not to mention the part with him dancing as a kid.

    That was lulzy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. its funny how sometimes i have thoughts that i think are original but i end up hearing them from someone else or reading them somewhere. thats what happened to me with this movie when clooney compares life to a river. those were my exact thoughts. i was like wtf!!.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wanted to see this movie for a while, but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should probably check it out, thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete