Friday, September 24, 2010

Movie Review ( requiem for a dream )

I`m a big movie buff and this is one of the movies I haven't really dived into until recently. This movie deserves all the hype around it. Let me just get out the things that are obvious, the camera angles and movement are amazing one of the best I have seen. My favorite seen in this movie is when they are in the car talking about being promoted and then all hell breaks out. When he is running away from the car and that camera movement just makes you feel like you're there with him the tension is great as well. Now let’s get back to the story. It doesn't try to glamorize the drug life I don't think anyone would like to live like that, but it does amazingly show how it is to actually be out the streets and a junky. Also it has that stigma what most people have that if someone is wrong I’ll just take a pill for it. It goes into great detail of showing us how corrupt the world is while being in a place where everything is corrupt its self. In the start it makes you feel somewhat as if these people are real and are just living their life normally but then toward the end you see how much drugs really take over their lives. In the end I could keep on going on and on with this movie but I’m sure you've already heard the praise it needs. Later I will be reviewing recent films.


Also here is the link to the best scene in Requiem for a dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5dbQ7beEO8

30 comments:

  1. I remember the first time I saw this movie, it scared the crap out of me! The mother's story was my favourite part in a really bleak, awesome movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen the movie, it's stressful :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved this movie. Also, ASS TO ASS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice review, its a good movie, but not my style, still worth watching though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of my favorite movies of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was definitely one of the cooler movies I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah liked this movie, though not in my top 10 all time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ehhh maybe I'll check it out sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll agree that it's a very good film, but it doesn't make my list of favourites. I prefer it over Pi, to be sure. That movie grated on my senses so badly. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yea this movie was good, not a top 10 for me but definitely up there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read the book before I watch the movie. Can't wait though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I thought it was decent. Not amazing but one of the better movies that year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Requiem for a Dream, but it always leaves me really depressed after watching it. Going through it again is always a trial, but it's just so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really a great movie, I can only recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Crazy movie man, watched it a year ago. I don't think its possible to watch it without liking it

    ReplyDelete
  16. I watched this, it was pretty grim. funny as hell when the mom becomes an addict too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this movie when i was in like 6th grade...needless to say it was a bit overwhelming.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My aunt borrowed me the Requiem for a Dream book but I still haven't touched it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. lol can't believe I haven't seen this yet

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved this movie, so disturbing. Aranofsky is the man, look out for Black Swan this year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i tried to watch it but it was a bit slow for me

    ReplyDelete